The 15 ppm Bilge Alarm type BilgMon 488 is approved and certified in accordance with the latest IMO resolution MEPC 107(49) and, in addition, designed to meet the particular needs from the crew when processing the bilge water.
The BilgMon 488 has a unique system of replacing the old measuring cell with a new one, and still keep all data saved in the memory. This function enables the crew to easily replace a damaged measuring cell, or attach a new calibrated measuring cell to the power module, when a calibration of the unit is needed. The replacement cell is delivered with a factory calibration certificate, and both units will be automatically updated after being joined together. The measuring cell has a heavy duty design, in order to resist the tough running conditions.
The measuring principle by using IR light detection in the measuring cell, is a well proven and reliable examination method of the sample flow from the oily water separator. The processor in the power module will store all requested data, and this data will clearly be presented in a LCD at the front of the unit. Connection to an external printer is available if required, through a serial communication interface. The unit is also provided with a solenoid valve function for cleaning water to measuring cell.
- Unique system of onboard replacement of the measuring cell
- Measuring cell simple to replace due to wireless design
- Easy to operate with only four pushbuttons
- User-friendly menu
- Compact design
- 32 character LCD, with LED background light
- Relays and input are protected by “PTC” resistor fuses
(Fuses are reset by disconnection of power supply – no regular fuses to replace)
- System running status shown on LCD in real time
- Suitable for both newbuildings, as well as existing ships
- Can be attached to any oily water separator type
- Easily fitted from ship’s crew